Building a Resilient Workforce
In Camden Consulting Group’s three-hour Building a Resilient Workforce for Managers program, managers learn and practice new skills to help build resilience in themselves and their employees to maintain productivity and engagement during times of change in the organization. Managers learn how a VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) can affect employee engagement, and they develop the knowledge and skills they need to respond effectively to the different stages of transition their employees may be experiencing. The program supports participant understanding of the organization’s change and provides approaches for overcoming challenges and catalyzing resilient behavior.
This session can be delivered in tandem with the Building a Resilient Workforce Executive Overview and Developing Resilience for Employees.
Building a Resilient Workforce uses individual reflection and action planning as well as small and large group exercises and activities to lay the foundation for the effective development of resilience in self and others. The program blends broad leadership concepts with organization-specific messages on vision, values, and engagement and ensures that each participant leaves the workshop with immediate action items that will impact organizational or personal performance and engagement.
Participants leave this program able to:
- Understand their role in enhancing employee engagement and retention during times of change and transition.
- Use concepts, tools, and techniques to understand and manage people through transitions in an evolving marketplace.
- Identify concrete ways to take care of themselves and others and to build resiliency.
- Prepare for individual employee engagement conversations.
- Create an initial action plan to foster ongoing communication, accountability, and employee engagement.