David Brendel, Partner
David Brendel, a Partner at Camden Consulting Group, is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) of the International Coach Federation (ICF). He empowers clients to assess their strengths and developmental opportunities, formulate action plans for success, and achieve peak performance in their work. He helps individual executives and executive teams to develop practical, sustainable solutions to their thorniest business and career challenges.
David earned his M.D. at Harvard Medical School and a Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Chicago. He is an expert in applying cognitive psychology to help clients develop a growth mindset and implement critical behavior changes. His clients include leaders in healthcare, biotech, Pharma, higher education, engineering, financial services, insurance, law, and manufacturing. He has vast experience helping leaders to manage stress, develop mindfulness skills, negotiate interpersonal conflict, embrace strategic thinking, and enhance their overall leadership capacity.
David has published extensively in his areas of expertise. He writes frequent blog articles on executive coaching for the Harvard Business Review and Huffington Post. His book, Healing Psychiatry, was published by MIT Press. He hosted a radio show on the VoiceAmerica Empowerment channel entitled Leading Minds with Dr. David Brendel, which explored how innovative approaches in cognitive psychology, neuroscience, and executive coaching can fuel success in the 21st century.
Areas of Specialty
- High impact coaching conversations
- Development of leadership capacity
- Mindset and behavior changes
- Strategic thinking and priority setting
- Effective communication and conflict resolution
- Corporate structure and team alignment
- Improved productivity and quality of work product
- Stress management and mental health issues in the workplace
- Overcoming setbacks and managing crisis situations
- B.A. summa cum laude – Yale College
- M.D. – Harvard Medical School
- Ph.D. in philosophy – University of Chicago
- Faculty Fellow – Harvard University Center for Ethics & the Professions
- Former Chair, Institutional Review Board (IRB) – McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) – International Coaching Federation
- Master Certified Coach Trainer – Center for Executive Coaching